Do you have a business idea that could benefit from CERN technologies or expertise?
The unique challenges entrepreneurs face in developing a business idea or new technology are complex, and can quickly become barriers to growth. Incubators have gained much traction amongst start-ups and investors over recent years, and are recognised for the dedicated support they offer to early stage companies with an ambition to grow.
STFC CERN Business Incubation Centre offers funding, business development and technical support for entrepreneurs and small high tech companies wishing to exploit the business opportunities linked to CERN technologies in high energy physics. One of the world’s leading high-energy physics laboratories and home to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), businesses can access Intellectual Property (IP) or expertise from CERN, for a wide range of applications.
We are looking for SME’s, university spin-outs, or entrepreneurs with an innovative idea that can benefit from access to CERN technologies or expertise to accelerate their innovation to the next level.
Access to high-spec equipment at STFC and CERN alongside leading technical expertise is helping start-ups to accelerate to market quicker and gain a competitive advantage by exploring and integrating new technologies.
Benefits of the programme
The STFC CERN BIC provides an ideal package of support including:
- £40,000 of funding for use on intellectual property (IP) protection, design, prototyping, or market studies
- Access to up to 80 hours of CERN and STFC science and technical support (40 hours each)
- One-to-one business support and mentoring in key aspects of running a technology business
- Investment readiness training to prepare entrepreneurs for scaling and developing their business
- Use of CERN IP at favourable conditions
- Collaboration and networking opportunities with R&D companies, universities, entrepreneurs, and scientists
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to put your business ideas forward.
How to apply
Submit an ‘expression of interest’ (attached) to STFC at email@example.com by 31st July 2020
If you meet the eligibility criteria and following further consultation with STFC and CERN you will be invited to submit a full business plan.