CERN´s unique knowhow in designing, building, operating robotics systems for interventions in harsh environments.
- Design and building of robotic solutions for specialised highly complex operations in harsh environments
- Independent platforms employing reusable software components, from autonomous robotic vehicles to operator trained robots
- Augmented reality tools and man-machine training for efficient multi purpose interventions
Fact & Figures:
- 7 different robotics platforms used at CERN
- >112 mSv: radiation dose saved to personnel till end of 2018
- 135 robotic interventions since 2015
- 6 km/h: max speed of TIM (Train Inspection Monorail) in the LHC tunnel
Read more about Robotics here.
Some projects applying these tools: