CERN’s unique know-how derived from years of designing, testing, building and operating complex detector systems.
- Design of high performance, high resolution and extreme radiation tolerant detectors
- Long history of integrating complex and large size heterogeneous detector systems in harsh environments
- Broad range of testing and qualifying capabilities in CERN, required to develop and commission new detector systems
Facts & Figures:
- ~10 gray / year: extremely radiation tolerant detector technology
- 40 MHz: operational frequency resulting from particle collisions every 25nsec
- 4 T: magnetic field tolerant detector technology
- 150 M: number of sensors in the LHC
Read more about Particle Tracking and Calorimetry here.
Some projects applying these tools: