CERN’s unique knowhow derived from years of developing, using, characterizing a large amount of sensors.
- Design of high performance and extreme radiation tolerant detectors
- Long history of integrating complex and heterogeneous detector systems
- Broad range of testing and qualifying capability
Facts & Figures:
- 4000: Number of muons chamber in ATLAS
- 40 MHz: Operational frequency
- 200 m² : Area covered by Silicon trackers in CMS
- 150 M : Number of sensors in the LHC
Read more about Sensors here.