World-class expertise in the design of technologies to accelerate, measure and control particle beams.
- World’s largest group of accelerator physicists & engineers
- Decades of experience in the simulation, design & construction of accelerating structures
- Development of bespoke hardware and software for acceleration, diagnostics & beam control
Facts & Figures:
- 11,245: number of times per second that each proton goes around the LHC
- 2,556: number of bunches per proton beam in the LHC
- 10+ hrs: lifetime of a proton beam during stable operation of the LHC
- 10+ billion: number of kilometres a proton beam will travel during stable operation of the LHC
Read more about Particle Acceleration and Control here.
Some projects applying these tools: