CERNs knowhow and experience with ‘big data’ analysis for high energy physics and control of systems used in the LHC.
- Cern's experiments probing the fundamental nature of the universe creates 1 PB/sec —roughly four times that held in the US Library of Congress
- About 1 million CPU cores worldwide are used to process and analyse all data from LHC, using advanced data analytics
- Additionally, online and offline analysis of the data acquired from each of the 20,000 devices that monitor and control the CERN complex
Facts & Figures:
- >10 PB/month of data selected by trigger mechanisms and stored in CERN Data Center
- 170 Data Centers worldwide at which LHC data analysis is being done
- >250 PB CERN Data Center storing all physics data for analysis
- >1000 PB of ROOT data
Read more about Data Analytics here.