CERN’s unique knowhow derived from 60 years of designing, installing and operating the world’s largest cryogenics installation.
- Design, integration and operation of large scale cryogenic systems, with proven track record on safety and reliability
- Long history of designing, engineering and operating cryogenic installations
- Cryolab with a full spectrum of testing and qualifying capability for equipment and R&D operations
Facts & Figures:
- Operating temperature of 1.9 K, colder than space, across large LHC volume and distances
- Total of 40,000 leak-tight seals applied in LHC design
- 2,000 thermometric systems (installed every 20 m in 27 km cryogenic installation)
- 170 tons of helium safely installed and maintained
Read more about Cryogenics here.