Expertise in procurement, installation, operation & maintenance of large cooling, ventilation and air conditioning systems for complex structures.
- CV systems (air & water) for all accelerator and experiments, mainly in large interconnected spaces
- Expertise for designing large scale cascading pressure systems to ensure safety
- Expertise in the design of CV systems for the removal of high heat loads
Read more about Cooling and Ventilation here.
Pressure Cascade Management
The LHC is a very large, complex underground system of interconnected spaces. In order to secure safety, any risks related to fire, smoke, radiation and gas need to be mitigated. This is secured by a complex system that ensures, monitors and controls pressure differences across tunnels and caverns. A few specifications:
- 50 MW of cooling per point, designed as tailored solution for CERN
- 150 cooling plants
- 1500 ventilation systems
- 7600 different industrial CV components
- 800 km of CV piping