- Decades of experience in simulation, design, construction and operation of accelerators. Bespoke hardware and software for acceleration, diagnostics, beam control and monitoring.
- In-house design and modelling of superconductive devices and magnet systems. Design, integration and operation of large-scale cryogenic systems.
- High spatial resolution detectors for measuring particle beam structure and energy deposition in hadron therapy.
- Accurate simulation tools for modelling particle passage through matter.
Facts & Figures:
- 1980’s: Start of medical accelerator development at CERN.
- 2 out of 4 dial ion centres in Europe are based on the PIMMS study.
- >80%. Expected reduction in weight offered by GaToroid vs. conventional gantries for proton and carbon ion therapy.
- 2m: The CERN compact HF-RFQ reaches an energy of 5MeV within this distance.
Read more about Radiotherapy here.